Research: The Baby Monitor

I watched a Psychological Thriller called The Baby Monitor by RPI EMAC students, Frank and Zach Appio, which I watched for some further inspiration for the different types of Thrillers I can make for my short film. 

Overall, I found the film extremely effective and scary which is what my idea of what a Thriller should be like. This is firstly shown through the tensing music which quickens in pace before a big occurrence or a climax in the plot. The film also has very effective filters which makes it more creepy and scary to watch. The short film is also very clever as it makes us feel sympathetic towards the main female character when she hears creepy sounds coming from the closet in the baby's bedroom, when really we should not as at the end we find out that she has imprisoned someone in the closet and supposedly plans to take her place.

From watching this short film, I have learned about the different types of Thriller and has given me more ideas and inspiration for my own short film and also what types of effects and filters I can use for my short film.

Here is the short film, The Baby Monitor:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Message to Moderator

Audience Feedback

Knole House Trip